Can a better power cable make a difference if NOT plugged directly into an outlet?

I am curious about improving my sound with power cable upgrades.

At present, I'm using a setup which Almarg (RIP) used and which he recommended to me:

Wall outlet (hospital plug)
Audience Adept Response-ar2p power conditioner
Wiremold strip w/ Shunyata defender

I use Pangea AC 9 SE and AC14 SE cords, at present.

This setup has been quiet and hum free. 

Still I'm curious about whether better power cables might make some improvements, here or there.

The question is, whether any improvements a power cable could bring would be blunted or nullified by the setup I'm presently using.

Any thoughts?

Those who say power cables never matter, please go watch a cute cat video instead of posting here, please.

128x128hilde45

I watched a couple of cute cat videos.  They didn't change my mind that power cables can make no difference.

This is a pure example of a strange phenomenon:

1) Someone posts a question about cables, in the “cables” category of the forum. Looking for the opinions of people who have tried those experiments and experienced said cables

2) Like a clock, same exact people who always say cable make zero difference jump in, saying the same thing they said hundreds of times before. And with zero experience on said cables

Question is why? If a subject does not interest you, why chase the same exact subject over and over again? Is it so hard to ignore a subject that does NOT interest you?

@hilde45 In my trip of chasing and getting bettet sound I found that not all Power Conditioners serve that goal well. Just as not all cabels are created equaly so goes it with PCs ( Is that PC to say?).

The Audience PC may/may not make a difference to you where as another PC might? 

Can a 5k+ power cable make a difference? Your ears will know. 

My science teacher played Pink Floyd for me. He was cool. 

Results will vary based on your components and listening skills. With that said purchase one higher-end power cord and after a break-in period try it on different components and judge for yourself. In my systems upgraded power cords do make a very positive difference.

@hilde45 : to answer your question, yes, the power cords plugged after power conditioner make a difference. IMO, the power cord feeding the power conditioner is often the most important.

‘Pangea are solid , decent entry level power cords, a step up typically from stock power cords, scratching the surface so to speak. But really, entry level power cord. Have you tried any Audience power cords? Since you are already using their power conditioner. Further, have you asked Audience what they think their own power conditioner is recommended to be paired with in terms of power cords? Before and after power conditioner itself. Lots of options out there in power cords. In order to hear any difference, you will need to experiment with above entry level power cords. Chances are an entry level power cord will sound very similar to another entry level power cord from another brand. Experimentation is key, and dare I say, fun