DCS Puccini and/or Soulution 740 players? Anyone??

All,

I'm curious if anyone has listened to these players.

From other threads I've seen that DCS doesn't have a big following in the US probably partly because of the price. Can anyone describe the sound? I saw somewhere that people found it to be better than the Emm Labs equipment and that DCS has become more musical than the older DCS equipment.

The other player I'm very curious about is the new Soulution 740 player. A relatively new high-end brand from Switzerland. Apparently the player had its introduction at the CES 2008. Has anyone listened to it and does it is so much better than the other player considering its price?

Thanks for your feedback.
maxx1973
Bvdiman, read carefully, I have said that I listened Scarlatti play in two different systems
Teddy_Bear, my apology.. Did you also tested vice versa? Maybe the SDR4000 was more at home (better synergy) mating their own gears?

Just curious cause I'm now in the market looking to upgrade current player. Got recommendation from AVguide to go SDR4000 or Berkeley which both I'm not familiar with. Therefore insights from anyone having real 'living' experiences with current top crop players will be much appreciated.

However, can't quite agree to opinions stating that old DCS stack sounds 'cold and analytical'. Had mine driving different--tubes, SS, speakers set up for the past 5yrs and never once came across such. But yes, they do need little attention to what's interconnecting them, including power cords, and good AC is mandatory.
SDR 4000 is player only, Berkeley is stand alone DAC with volume control, so you could drive your FM 611 direct.
In my opinion the dCS Pucini, Soulution and the latest Accuphase dp700are the best single box players. I have a friend in Germany heard the Spectral vs Puccini and ordered Puccini withSpectral dma250 and ss30.
I bought Puccini after having Emmlabs cdsa se.
I use Stealth Dream power cord excellent match, also good much the lessloss for bigger value.
With Puccini is crucial to use right interconnects.
For instance the Stealth Nanofiber is excelent match for solid state electronics and better than the Indra, but Indra is way better with tube electronics. In mixed systems (tube preamp and ss amp) Metacarbon or Indra are better.
So everything is about matching and that is this hobby is all about.
Of course reliable equipment and especially in digital players, audiophiles with expererience could agree with me, especially with similar upgrade path.

So please let's not be so dogmatic about brands.
Good performance systems is what we aim for.
Kops, in what areas did you feel the Puccini improved (I'm supposing it does...) over our Emm?