DCS Puccini and/or Soulution 740 players? Anyone??

All,

I'm curious if anyone has listened to these players.

From other threads I've seen that DCS doesn't have a big following in the US probably partly because of the price. Can anyone describe the sound? I saw somewhere that people found it to be better than the Emm Labs equipment and that DCS has become more musical than the older DCS equipment.

The other player I'm very curious about is the new Soulution 740 player. A relatively new high-end brand from Switzerland. Apparently the player had its introduction at the CES 2008. Has anyone listened to it and does it is so much better than the other player considering its price?

Thanks for your feedback.
maxx1973

Showing 4 responses by bvdiman

Interesting.. Comparing two units in two totally different set-ups? Might be other variants at play? ..Speakers?
Teddy_Bear, my apology.. Did you also tested vice versa? Maybe the SDR4000 was more at home (better synergy) mating their own gears?

Just curious cause I'm now in the market looking to upgrade current player. Got recommendation from AVguide to go SDR4000 or Berkeley which both I'm not familiar with. Therefore insights from anyone having real 'living' experiences with current top crop players will be much appreciated.

However, can't quite agree to opinions stating that old DCS stack sounds 'cold and analytical'. Had mine driving different--tubes, SS, speakers set up for the past 5yrs and never once came across such. But yes, they do need little attention to what's interconnecting them, including power cords, and good AC is mandatory.
Mtkhl567,
If all you said were true, it sure is worth looking into.. A bargain! Do they (Playback) make anything above MPS-5 ie.separates/flagship? Do they have a website or something? How much retail?