Good speakers for Parasound Halo JC1

I have all Parasound Halo electronics — JC1 amps, JC2 BP preamp, JC3 Phono amp, and CD1 CD player — and love them all.  Wonderful detail but plenty of bottom end.

My speakers are Usher MD2 — nice sound, respectable speakers but I’m ready to take the plunge and move up.

I’m headed to AXPONA in a few weeks and want to audition potential replacement speakers. I’d be interested to hear what speakers you’ve heard that are awesome matches for the JC1s. My room is mid-size that will accommodate decent size but not huge boxes. 

Thanks all.

Mikempls 

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xmikempls

While I have only read about Parasound equipment,  I do have experience with KEF speakers.  They have several lines that come with matching center channels. I can tell you the Reference line is very good, although probably out of your budget,  the R series might be something to check out. I believe they have two different matching center channel speakers.

All the best.

Be sure to visit the Rockport speakers room even though they are a bit above your budget. Outstanding speaker. Enjoy Axpona ! 

@bubba12 , you can listen to anything on Maggies but they are volume limited and they do not do low bass well. Subwoofers can take care of that problem but the other problem is if you have one of the speakers that has Maggies wonderful ribbon tweeter (best tweeter in the world) you risk blowing it if you push too hard. Magneplanar has a tweeter replacement program. They sent you a new one and you send the old core back which they re-manufacture. 

I have set up lord knows how many Maggies over the years. I owned Tympany 3s for two years. They are not a speaker I would recommend to a hard rocker. 

I've got two Parasound Halo integrated units. One up, one downstairs.

They pair beautifully with my two sets of Dali speakers. Helikons, and Euphonia ms5's.

below is a link to a photo of the speakers. The Euphonia's can be tri-wired.

https://ibb.co/yB9WgVN