What is the VERY BEST CD album you've ever heard?

Just like with records, I came across releases on CD that were never popular, but bring lots of interesting music and so I started collecting CDs that do have collectible value for the reason of a great and rare music presented.

So far album "Sauce Hollandaise" by Ashra is on my #1 desirable list

"Best Band You've Never Heard In Your Life" by Frank Zappa is my 2nd best CD I've ever heard. 

czarivey

I am going with something I still play.  Supertramp' "Crime of the century".  Sonics still blow me away.

@czarivey Two CD's that belong in your collection:

Jimmy Smith - Dot Com Blues

Junior Wells - Come On In This House.

@hipsterjefe Graceland was the first disc I heard as well.  A gradeschool buddy invited me over to show me his dad's new CD player, and that was the only CD they had at that point.  

One of my favorites is Pink Floyd's Pulse double disc.  I typically hate live recordings, but I get excited every time I play that one.

I have a ton of other favorites, but a couple that stand out to me are Sponge's Rotting Pinata album, and the X-Files movie soundtrack.  I don't even know why those two are on the top of my head right now, but I have thoroughly enjoyed both and the production on both sound great..

Jazz at the Pawnshop! Being away from this hobby for several years I decided to buy a new amplifier. At the time I had a Conrad Johnson Premier 2. I bought it with me to demo the amp. (Adcom GFA 555) . The dealer connected everything (CD, Preamp, and Amp) to Magnipan speakers. There was another customer in the shop at the time. After listening to several CDs the customer asked if we can listen to the system using a turntable. He then played Jazz at the Pawnshop. That was my renaissance into a lifelong Audiophile.

I'm torn between King Crimson's Live in Chicago and Music is Our Friend (live in Washington and Albany 2021)

Very similar shows and tight recordings. This version of Crimson is extremely powerful and the catalogue of tracks hit on every era of Crimson music.

I believe Fripp stated that the Washington DC show was their last, shame, because I really believe they have more to share.