bigtwin

Responses from bigtwin

A turntable that plays all types of music well
Yosh Schmenge is rolling in his grave!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eHB5OjALPQ 
A turntable that plays all types of music well
Last night I started off with the Hendrix tribute LP "Stone Free".  Given the great artists who participated on this project, it's disappointing how dull the disc sounds.  Kind of like someone put a sock over the mikes.  Then moved on to a Blue No... 
Upgrade my CD player or futile effort?
My Hegel 590 has an excellent DAC built in.  It's one of the reason I choses Hegel.  My CD transport is a Audiolab 6000 CDT.  Retails in the U.S. for about $450.  Don't let anyone say you can't get quality at a low price.  The combination sounds f... 
Turntable Decision
Was using a Vertere Phono1, replaced it with the JC-3+   Big improvement in sound overall.   
Critical listening and altered states
This whole question comes down to personal experience and preference.  There's no rigth or wrong, just a lot of opinions.  And like they say, opinions are like a**holes.  Everybody has one but people usually don't want to hear someone else's.  
Critical listening and altered states
I love this question and how it will divide the respondents into two distinct camps.  Those who use and those who don't.  I have previously mentioned the fact that "a bit" of THC greatly improves my listening experience.  That garnered some agreem... 
A Surreal Dream full of Audio Knowledge!
Twin Peaks.  Still creepy after all these years.    
Power conditioner some say yes and some say no.
I use a Furman P2400IT for a few reasons.  1. The power from the wall fluctuates between 118 - 124 volts.  2. The Fruman eliminates potential ground loops, line noise, yada yada yada.  3. Protects my system against power surges.  A friend had his ... 
Record Cleaning Machines
@millercarbon  Have to admit that sometimes you really crack me up.  Cheers.   
So I just bought a Hegel H390 and
I owned the h390 and had it paired with the Triton Reference speakers.  Was very pleased with the sound.  I found the Triton to be an excellent value. The company motto is "We make High End Affordable".  I think they retail in the $7000 range in t... 
Record Cleaning Machines
I have used the   P4875(II)-4T-NH (isonicinc.com) for a year now.  Have cleaned about 750 LPs and have been generally satisfied with the results.  While the system will accomodate 10 discs at a time, I have learned that doing 2 at a time lets me ... 
Phil Woods Song for Sisyphus
@isochronism   98% of Harleys produced are still on the road.  The other 2% made it home.  🤣 
Phil Woods Song for Sisyphus
I read that Sisyphus was on the rise.  Thank god for penicillin.   
Let’s make this a better community!? One final shot?
Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya.........    sorry, couldn't resist.   
What's That Hissing Sound?
@fuzztone   Thanks for the smile.  I'll put that LP on first tonight.