ScanSpeak Ellipticor-A50-II (anyone build them?)

Has anyone built them and if so what are you thoughts?

smodtactical

Price diffrences between DIY and "ready made" speakers. The parts cost in a commercial speaker is maybe 20% if you're lucky  The workders in the factory must be paid. The building/business must be insured. There are vehicles which must be bought and maintained. All organiztions between you and the factory must be paid (distributors, dealers, shippers). 

The poor speaker companies. They must be doing all that work for no profit. Perhaps they should increase their prices so that the poor workers can afford to put food on the table?

@kenjit Clearly you've never run a business, or you wouldn't write such an asinine post. High-end Audio ranks right up there with restaurants and racecars as an excellent way to lose a lot of money pursuing what you love. Anyone who can make a go of it has my complete respect, regardless of whether or not it appeals to my personal tastes.

I apologize for engaging Kenjit in this thread, he's stomping all over the OP's question.

Not your fault @erik_squires . You tried your best to run him off. It was great when he was gone for a while.

"The poor speaker companies. They must be doing all that work for no profit. Perhaps they should increase their prices so that the poor workers can afford to put food on the table?"

------------------

If anyone here believes there is a notable profit to be made in speaker manufacturing, or believe staying in business is easy living among groups of some online forum posters who parrot mis-information, think again. Best to stop here and think.

It’s’ a labor of love, and not easy. Some of these smaller businesses can help put some people to work, paychecks hopefully get generated for employees, as long as outside people are not badmouthing and unknowingly sabotaging a company, only then they might have a chance to stay in business. A dicey balancing act.

I too have a great deal of respect for those who can make it work in today’s business. Would be nice to see folks help promote more positive points. We are very lucky to have the remaining manufacturers and choices we do today.

Please don’t ruin it. Go visit a few factories in person and learn more before posting nonsense about what they should or should not be doing. Talk is cheap and can be very damaging to companies who are simply trying to offer something to us.