Speaker recommendations wanted for Quicksilver M135 amplifiers

Hello All!

I just acquired a pair of Quicksilver M135 amplifiers and line preamplifier. I wasn’t in the market, but they came to me in a trade. I am wanting everyone’s recommendations on speakers new/used under $5000. Room is 16x22, however I listen from about 7 feet away. Music preference is jazz and some light classic rock.

My current system consist of a McIntosh 240, Fisher CX-2, and Triangle Comete 40th anniversary speakers. 
‘Thank you in Advance,

Rob

thermionicemission

@thermionicemission Rob, your current TC Anniversary shows 8ohm nominal impedance and 90db, how about trying those first?  You mentioned listening 7' away, might be worth a first try, see how it goes, 'eh?

I am quite envious--those are great amplifiers. I heard them years ago at Audio Connection in Verona, NJ. Reach out to them for advice. My guess is almost anything. My first try would be used Magnepan 3.7i. My second try would be the best used Vandersteen that I could find.

If you want to keep with something like your Triangle monitors, I recommend you take a look at the Revival Audio Atalante 3 monitors. They also have a new line out (just recently) so maybe the Sprint 4 as well. They're a relatively new company founded in 2021 and like your Triangle speakers, they are designed and built in France. I have the Atalante 3 monitors and am hopelessly in love with them.

All the best,
Nonoise