What can beat Wilson XVX for less money?

If you have heard xvx what speakers have you heard that are better for less money? Seems Jay just got XVX and can't help but wonder if there are speakers that perform better for example for $100k or less. Including used.

smodtactical

@ozzy62 The description offered to myself when I received my demonstration in the new owners system, which I am very familiar with.

Has been that the Speakers although not impressive in the demonstration room, were still able to show that something was present that could be referred to as a attractive trait. It was felt a much more attractive presentation could be achieved with the set up environment being better thought out and the Signal being sent, being one that has a Low Distortion.

A Offer was made that was quite close to the Drive Units Value only. The Xover for this design are known for the expense attached to the Parts and the Cabinets produced for this design is a very high quality, where the structure has real benefits for the Speakers Performance.

The offer was accepted, hence the 'Punt Purchase' having taken place, as there was a 'gamble' in how the speculation for the Speaker would present in another environment.

Too many purchases for HiFi today are able to be referred to as a 'Punt', as many individuals are buying without the knowing how a item performs and especially how the new item will present in the System it is intended to be used.

To be somewhat fair, @stringreen sits first chair / as in plays first chair w many fine orchestra across the world….

Its a perspective….

i think as @ghdprentice strongly hints it’s a silly unfocused thread……

1. OP last Year at axpona Ive heard Magico speakers the same model. The one set up is on the ground floor, with synergistic cables and conditioners.Thry are using very expensive gear as well.The demo guy knows how to show off the system? This system is unbelievably good.The volume is perfect for the room. The other set up on the higher floor don't have the same cabling and good coonditioner  ,components.The sound  is still good but nowhere close to the ground floor set up.The speakers will only give you what you feed them.If you are patience enough to to choose the right speakers, and feed them with the right gear? You can easily have a system or speakers that can outperform the Wilson you mentioned.

@jpwarren58 "Sort of like buying a Porsche while living on a very small island with one lane dirt roads."

Nailed it. 

@blisshifi 

+1 to that.  Concerts seems to either have terrible speakers, the volume is far to loud, or terrible acoustics.  We typically only go to only certain venues because they get it right.  Otherwise, why pay the several or many hundreds for a concert.