A SHOCKING DISCOVERY ABOUT DIGITAL AUDIO

This might come as a shock, not in a bad way but I have discovered that 320KBPS MP3 is actually bit perfect. Shocking isnt it? That does not mean the quality is the same as CD. It is not. You have been warned the master has spoken.

The second shocking discovery i have made recently is that i can actually hear the difference between 320kbps and wav. I never thought i could do it but i heard it. 

Can anybody do what i have done?  I dare any of you audiophiles

kenjit

Lots of funny guys here these days.  Unfortunately OP ain’t one of those. 

Nah, we are all going to save a lot of money and subscribe to lossy Spotify and praise the Swedes who own it and their infinite wisdom. Lossless better-quality files? Yeah, who needs them, right?  Uh, no. Just no. Come on, even the OP has to know that you can't throw out nearly 60% of the information in a file and expect it to be "bit perfect". I hope his comment was tongue in cheek or maybe finger in ear....

Nah, we are all going to save a lot of money and subscribe to lossy Spotify and praise the Swedes who own it and their infinite wisdom.

I have said that I can hear the difference between 320 kbps and wav. But the question is whether the rest of you can. If you can't then lossy spotify is fine for the rest of you. 

Come on, even the OP has to know that you can't throw out nearly 60% of the information in a file and expect it to be "bit perfect

These high rez files are mostly a scam.Where are spotify and Tidal getting hold of all these high rez recordings? The Master recordings were probably all cd quality. Where is the evidence the recordings were done using ultra high bandwidth microphones, analogue/ digital gear? 

"I hope his comment was tongue in cheek or maybe finger in ear"

- As far as the history of the OP and all his posts in this and other forums, the "finger" certainly doesn't belong in the ear ...