My opinion;

Rap, a.k.a. hip-hop,has to be the hardest to listen to of all the genres.Subject matter consists of violence, procuring drugs,and degrading women.I'm thinking many members are on board with this. Am I right or wrong?

rockysantoro

i was from the hood too...

... just joking.

wutchu guys talkin about ??? Why iz u playin wid me son? ain't nobody got time for dat

@czarivey   Criticizing other genres of music severely diminishes your credibility.

@tylermunns  This is an Audiophile site where sound quality is as important as the artist. Don't expect threads breaking down the great Lauryn Hill recording but do expect the worship of Eva Cassidy or Nora Jones.

@dayglow I listed bands, not genres. I even think they have different genre, but, indeed southern kuntry rock is truly the worst and hardest listening experience.

Terribly hard to listen to. I guess that's why it's been the predominant musical form for a few decades, enjoyed by millions of people throughout the world. I guess maybe you meant terribly hard for you to listen to. Not my favorite genre, but I enjoy it a lot more than jazz, country, and a number of other genres I don't happen to care for. I don't say they are no good, though.

Wow, straight outta the barrel.

Not my fav music, but the 80’s stuff was lifestyle, poverty, police, bangin, etc etc. 

can handle some, my one roomy at military school played a lot of bdp productions,..and other stuff.  Lyrics were pretty good. Now this newer rap is pure pus,!

each their own, I do love the house and trance 80’s stuff, the dance club techno

if you were on the dance floor, guaranteed to get a ride, the womens love house/techno  , plus the constant hard driving beat was always good for something

buys angry man a pint of the black stuff