Psychologist dissects Pink Floyd's 'Dark Side of the Moon'

I never get tired of learning more about this seminal work by one of my favorite artists of all time. 

128x12869zoso69

Always wondered if the appeal of DSOTM came from the band touring and tweaking the album before it was released.

I saw this' Eclipse a piece for assorted lunatics' concert which was the working title at the time and still have the program that was handed out, Philadelphia Spectrum 4/29/72 nearly a year before the March 1973 album release.

The sound system at the show was mind blowing, 4 channel PA on the hockey rink level and 3 PA clusters on both the 2nd and 3rd levels of the venue.

I believe they were working out and experimenting with song things based on audience reaction. Judging by sales, this approach to touring/tweaking before release was a smashing success.

@clearthinker 

OK you may be correct that they are "the most over-rated".  Let me ask two things: Have you ever enjoyed listening to it?  And how do you suppose DSOTM spent over 1000 weeks on the Billboard chart top selling 100 albums?

Just curious.

Regards,

barts

then next thing you know

50 years have come and go

while we are still fuking w/our stereo

@jafant - You're welcome.  Dave said the master tapes for the original were burned up in the Universal fire.  He said he still liked the songs and still played them, so why not rerecord it.  I'm glad he did.

@barts 

Yeah.  I have the MoFi pressing for G**s sake.  Paid $50 years ago and now costing 10x that.

I listen to it nowanagain.  Overblown.  Do I enjoy it??  Not like a whole load of much better stuff.

They ain't the Beatles.  Nowhere near.