2023 Florida Audio Expo Show Report

This is one of the very best deals so far at the show ! The Prototype Eminent Technology Model 18 LS System for.. $15K, that is for All the Gear Too !.. They might get...

"Best Of Show too" ! 😲

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91ybrCypcKk

rick2000

Joseph audio had the best streaming and all that was used was an older Apple TV box which had an optical connection that was connected to a streamer that impressed many with great sound from a YouTube video. YouTube video Quality is outstanding through a decent home theater system these days. 

I've been streaming audio via youtube to my system for quite a while now.  So if I'm on the sofa watching a youtube music performance on my phone, or ipad, I stream it to my Bluesound Node, to my 2 channel system.

The sound quality can be absolutely remarkable for many performances.  One vulfpeck concert was "you are there" quality, same with many of the tiny desk concerts.

The VRC flagship probably needs to come with a small electric forklift to make handling more manageable for the average person.

Did anyone at the Show hear any modestly priced speakers that impressed them greatly, say with a soft upper price range of $10K?  Reviews of these ghastly pricey speakers is equally as interesting to me as reviews of new biz jets: I read both such reviews with avidity, but they remain little more than a fantasy.  At any rate, I booked a flight to Chicago to attend AXPONA in April. ;-)

rick2000

Answer questions from your other Threads, fill out your Profile and post a Virtual Systems page,for openers.

Happy Listening!

@whitestix A few moderately priced speakers stood out:

Joseph Audio Pulsar - the Joseph Audio room has been mentioned a few times in this thread, but not a lot of credit was given specifically to the Pulsar speakers he had. For bookshelves, they filled the space quite nicely, and the tone was wonderfully warm and full with great detail and imaging. 

Borresen S3 - These are their newest floorstanders at $11K, likely meant to be their rebuttal on the Scansonic MB-B series (of which Michael Borresen also designed before leaving Dantax).

Wharfedale Elysian 1 - While the Just Audio room focused mostly on quality mid-fi, the Wharfs with their AMT tweeter sounded pretty darn good for the price.