2023 Florida Audio Expo Show Report

This is one of the very best deals so far at the show ! The Prototype Eminent Technology Model 18 LS System for.. $15K, that is for All the Gear Too !.. They might get...

"Best Of Show too" ! 😲

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91ybrCypcKk

rick2000

Showing 7 responses by snapsc

Three great rooms irrespective of price… but even better with the price factored in…

Orchard Audio room with their GanF class d stereo ultra amp driving Soundfield Audio bookshelves… about $5500

Andrew Jones Mofi Source Point 10 speakers driven by HiFi Rose all in one integrated…. about about $7500  

Volti room… Razz loudspeakers… about $7k for the speakers  

All three of these rooms were very musical and provided great listening.

@jeffstrick  I agree that the pulsars sounded really good....but for me, its hard to justify $9k unless you are really space limited and want the very best "affordable" sound...but even playing youtube videos, they sounded great.

@ecrotty one thing I heard both the Razz and the Rival do that I didn't hear in any any other room...when a guitar was plucked...especially a low string...you could hear and feel the snap...and you could hear the pick/fingernail against the windings of the string...really amazing...and zero harshness.  I could live with these!

As for the show itself....unlike prior years, there didn't seem to be a contest as to who could have the loudest room...as a result, almost every room sounded good and more than a few sounded great....and, my opinion...the loudest rooms (90-100db) sounded the worst probably because the rooms can't handle extreme volume without totally messing up the top end and the bass.

The Eminence Technology room pretty much showed that you could get $75k worth of speakers/amplifiers sound for $15k from Bruce's prototypes on display...but customizable if desired with bigger panels, larger bass drivers, etc.

The Orchard room showed that you can get great sound from class d for not a lot of money and since the Stereo Ultra amp was paired with $2200 Soundfield audio speakers...Holy Cow

Andrew Jones...the man...was an absolute treat and I'm really glad to have been in that great sounding room when he was there and willing to answer darn near any question asked of him...with a bunch of humorous anecdotes thrown in.

Two more comments...loved the big Focals in room 716? paired with the min fridge size Focal amps.

And for those with an infinite budget...Borresen and MBL thank you.

Hmmm, one could buy 10 years of coffee pods for the price of those vibration pods. 

The VRC flagship probably needs to come with a small electric forklift to make handling more manageable for the average person.

It would be interesting to hear from the people who had rooms…do they do these shows for name recognition or for short term sales?

Bliss… thanks. What do you think builds more credibility and positive word of mouth that could eventually lead to sales… super systems that few can afford or moderate systems that more can afford?