New Class D amplifiers

Hello. I'm very interested in getting your opinion on the newer Class D amplifiers.  There has been a couple of very positive reviews (by Guttenberg) of the Bel Canto C6i and NAD M23.  These, and perhaps some others are offering new technology that significantly lower the class D noise level and other drawbacks.    

I currently use a Class A amp, Pass Labs INT-25 (with Dynaudio Heritage Special speakers) which has a wonderful sound. But I am transitioning to another location, and due to using Roon primarily I find that this system stays on most of the day.  Due to heat and power usage of Class A amplifiers, I'm interested in translating to Class D if I find something comparable.

128x128grantgg

@grantgg do a search on the new Atmasphere class d monoblocks. I've heard them and was very impressed. Extremely fast & clean sounding.

In addition to Atmasphere you should also look at AGD amps that are also being touted as “end game” amps and have the virtue of being easily upgradeable as technology improves.  When one of the top tube amp designers comes out with a GaN amp and is very happy with it you know something’s up. 

I agree with soix.  For example,, you may want to consider the new Peachtree GaN1 digital amp/power DAC.  Great sound quality.

Technics has two wonderful sounding Class D integrateds. The SU-G700M2 (which  I have) and the SU0R1000 (the bigger brother).

All the best,
Nonoise