Integrated amp recommendation

I recently bought a used pair of Swiss-made Piega p4L MKII floor-standing speakers. I am looking for a two-channel integrated amp to pair with them. Budget: $1,000.

Among the stated speaker specs: applied power rating 20-200 watts, sensitivity 89 db, 4 ohms impedance and frequency response 38 Hz-50 kHz. To me, the speakers’ sound can be described as natural, detailed and transparent, not aggressive and maybe slightly lacking in bass. The room is 12 x 20, carpeted but relatively bare. I listen primarily to classic rock, classic jazz and classical. I use a Bluesound Node 2i music streamer and CDs. Bluetooth would be nice but not essential.

Thank you for any assistance.

phil59

Your speakers are 4 ohm. Likely they drop below this at lower frequencies. Maybe that accounts for the comment you made regarding the bass being somewhat lacking. I would look for an amplifier that delivers 100wpc at 8ohms and close to 200 at 4ohms. I agree that the $500 budget  increase will provide a greater return on your investment.

If interested in the Rouge Sphinx I would look into the V3. It sells for ~$1600-$1800 . Audio Advisor sometimes have an open box unit for sale just under $1500. 

Buying use opens up possibilities, as per the several suggestions aforementioned.

Good luck in your quest and keep us posted.

Belles Aria are under $1500 used....if you want to keep costs down, Musical Fidelity M2si...I have owned both...

From what I have read, the Hegel, Ayre (also this one), and Belles recommendations stand out for quality. Rogue, too, but perhaps not at the same level. Black Ice also gets some good reviews. As does Schiit.