Quobuz subscription

Hi I've recently joined Quobuz to try-out few tracks. 

The ones released on 70's and 80's Japanese jazz vinyls sound really muffled. Thought they would sound better vs. YouTube streaming channel of Terminal Passage that actually mostly plays its digitized vinyl collection, but quality is too far away from even YouTube.

I checked the quality and all of them are CD 44.1kHz, but the sound quality is so far away from CD 44.1kHz.

So what's there to check? Is only major-popular recording industry albums sound good there.

I checked that via my Mytek DAC and via my cheap DAC and both DACs show nearly-same differences on the playback vs. YouTube.

So far Tidal actually gets my best grading on items outside of RR hall of fame or outside of recording industry standards.

It really seems to me that Quobuz is over-advertised.

czarivey

Why don't you name a track or two so folks can tell you if it's you or Qobuz that is the problem.

Ah, the joys of streaming (irony!). No way of verifying the provenance of a particular track! At least with physical media - CDs and LPs - that can be easily done. 90%+ of streaming users don't care! To them it's all about convenience! The slow death of the music business with creators getting pennies per track. Me, I'm always on the hunt for physical media.

I assume that the esoteric Jap jazz labels (Three Blind Mice comes to mind) ) sold nicely-mastered CDs. So the same should be available on Qobuz and Tidal. I would not want to listen to tracks digitized from an LP! Yuck!