6922 Preamp Tube Recommendations

Any recommendations for in-production 6922 tube that sounds extended, lush, quiet?

I’m going to place them into an Aikido Line Stage Preamp I’m building with high-end components like Duelund Cu coupling caps and tube rectification.

I’m looking for in production tubes, since I already have a matched pair NOS Siemens E88CC. I’m looking for a 6922 that can come somewhat close to the CCa.

Thanks!

88man

For new production tubes getting close to a Cca is somehow difficult, close or better than Cca can be found only in old production tubes, like Siemens E188cc A frame, Tele Cca, Mullard CV2493, Tesla E88cc gold grid,  Reflektor 6n23p SWG.

Extended and lush are Amperex Holland E88cc, E188cc, Amperex USA, Siemens E188cc, Mullard CV2492 dimple disc, Brimar gold grid, All of them old ones.

E188cc/7308 is a more quiet tube but generally tubes in this family can become easily noisy.

New production, the Golden Lions are warm and reasonably extended but not close to Dutch/British, German or USA tubes.

Russian NOS alternatives are more linear in presentation, extended with great bass, are quiet, more robust and depending on production years they can surpass anything out there at a lower cost. Though lately their prices have gone up considerably due to demand for the better ones. 

6n23p-ev is an alternative for sweet sound, though this tube is not exactly the same as a E88CC, but is ultra quiet and can take a lot of punishment. Still it is older stock and not current production but can be found easier.

Bite the bullet and find a nice pair of Amperex USN or USN-CEP 6922/7308s, from the 50's or early 60's.

They're not all that salty!

If you can mix one with a Siemens in each channel; you'll experience the warmth you seek, without any soupiness, or blocking of the air/clarity you enjoy from the E88CC/CCa.

Been there/done that*

They were supposedly built for quiet operation, but: destined for a preamp, I'd be certain they're tested for noise anyway.

The Russian Rocket tubes were supposed be dazzlers, but: good luck finding the rare, good years at anything reasonable.

I'd just be surprised if you can secure something currently in production, that doesn't sully the sound of your Siemens/system.   

*ditto: Duelunds, etc 

Thank you @stereo5 , @petg60 , @rodman99999 , for making excellent suggestions! I’d like to try out the Amperex E88CC and 6N23P-EV.