Cambridge CXN V2 or Innuos Pulse Mini?

These two streamers popped up in a few recent threads and got me thinking about upgrading my Bluesound Node, so I would appreciate some advice.

Both are in the $1200 range which is about all I’m willing to spend on digital at this time, so I’m wondering which one I should get and will the difference in SQ be significant, or should I stay where I am for now? (My understanding is the DAC is key to good SQ, but I know zero about DAC brands/specs)

• I stream only, mostly Tidal, then SirusXM, and I am auditioning QoBuz
  • I don’t care about MQA
  • I don’t need file storage or CD ripping
  • I’m reasonably happy with the BluOS app
  • Better library / favorites management would be nice
  • Input is ethernet cable
  • Output is analogue / RCA

Thank you!

macg19

Pretty sure the user experience will be less “good” than what you have now. There are people using multi thousand dollar streamers that still say Bluesound app is better. Sound quality would be subjective IMO if your using internal dac of the unit. 

IMO of course you would get a much bigger gain spending the $1200 on an external dac. 

Go with Innuos.  They filter down a lot of tech from their big $$$ streamers, and the newest version of their Sense app is getting great reviews and is free.  

I wrote a post that seems to have got lost in the ether.  I have the CA and used to own the Node.  The CA is much better SQ.  The apps are comparable.  Chromecast and AirPlay are nice features.  You can use the DAC with other digital sources.  You can even run the Node into the CA DAC for improved SQ.  You manage the playlists within the streaming service itself and just play them on the streamer.

Can’t comment on Innous,