Best amp for Salon 2

I am new here and working on my first setup. I was able to find an excellent deal on Salon 2 as the shop was getting rid of floor displays. Unfortunately they only carry Anthem STR and Mark Levinson in pre-amp and amp. I just heard Anthem and they sounded good. Mark Levinson is significantly expensive. Looking at the specs I could not make out much difference. This set up is going to last for years for me. Are there any better amps out there for Salon 2 ? I would prefer to stay below $25K. 

ac24

Sorry jerry we have a lot of great gear zesto t+a coda parasound electrocompaniet,krell and many others a 300 watt tube amplifier can easily drive salons

Dave and Troy

Audio intellect nj

@ac24 

25k is a nice budget. You should have many top quality amps to choose from. The Boulder 866 int is an amazing amp. 200 watts into 8ohms doubles to 400 watts at 4 ohms. Drives my 4 ohm speakers with ease. Good luck! 

From a practical standpoint, I don’t think it’s a bad idea to ask your dealer to package something for you.  This way you can audition in person and later if you want to upgrade, you both have fixed reference points. Plus, you will have the benefit of full dealer service. IMO, buying blind or on the recommendations of others is not a great way to do it. Up to you. 

Salon 2 owner for several years now, amps I tried and had in my my system were ,

Aragon Palladium II monoblock: deep bass but little dry on top end.

Krell KSA-250 class A complete rebuilt :deep bass overall very good sounding for what it is.

Plinius 301 stereo amp with Primaluna 400 preamp: quick bass but nothing special.

Bryston 7B ST monoblock: none to talk about.

PS Audio S700 monoblock: none there .

PS Audio BHK 300 monoblock block + matching PS Audio preamp: sweet on top but lacks of cracking deep tight bass the Salon 2 capable of.

McIntosh MC-601 monoblock: it’s just ok sounding,little dull.

McIntosh MC-462 +McIntosh C-2700: still doesn’t sound right.

McIntosh MC-611 monoblock +C -2700 preamp: common sense kicks in that McIntosh gear in my system with the Salon 2 just doesn’t sound right!

Symphonic Line Craft 300 40th Anniversary 300W  class A monoblock in one chassis pairing with Symphonic Line Preamp: finally I feel like I don’t need to change or chasing ,hunting for another amplifier any time soon. The SL Craft 300 gives me everything I was hoping for and it doesn’t run hot at all for been a class A (I keep my equipment on all the time)

my first experience with German gear and so far I really enjoy it, I bought the Symphonic Line BelCanto MK4 CD/DAC player to compete my system….so far so good.

im sure there are many other Amps out there better for the Salon 2 but for me this is it. I have to say that the Salon 2 speakers are extremely picky what you feed them with,tubes just don’t have enough juice to make them sing

Sorry for the long message but I thought I’d like to share it with you so you don’t have to go through what others have tried .

@chayro - Agree. There are some limitations on what the dealer can package but I am considering that option for the same reason you mentioned.

@monoblocknova - Thank you for sharing your experience. It helps quite a bit. My only concern with Symphonic line is their limited availability within United States. Did you buy in USA?