Tidal Music

Hi Audiogoners,
Is there any advantage to subscribe to Tidal Hifi if we don't have the MQA decoder in our DAC?

Thanks,
Calvin
dangcaonguyen

I had Tidal for 4 years and switched to Qobuz 6 months ago.  I much prefer Qobuz for the following reasons: (1) Qobuz just sounds better.  Not on every single album but on the vast majority;  (2) Qobuz has about 10x more hi-res content than Tidal and I prefer Qobuz 24/96 (or 192) to MQA; (3) Qobuz is quite a bit cheaper than Tidal and if you pay by the year it is more than 50% cheaper than Tidal for a hi-res tier; (4) Qobuz is more classical and jazz oriented and has a lot more offerings in these genres than Tidal.  Since I'm not into rap, hiphop or the like I do not miss Tidal at all.

@cagma7 Why is Qobuz still not available in Our Home and Native Land? Seems very strange and unfair to our knobs from the North.

I know that Qobuz sign an agreement with QUB music, a local streaming service who is using Qobuz files (but in MP3 format only). Therefore I suspect we won't see Qobuz in Canada for a while.

Hope I am wrong...