The Beatles Revolver

Just read where Giles Martin is using  AI-powered audio separation technology to remix Revolver. From what I read he can take the mono tracks and separate all the instruments and vocals on the 4 track tape the were recorded on and then I guess remix them in 24 track or whatever he wants. Is this good? I love The Beatles and no matter how much better it my sound it not the same. They had what they had in 1966. And George Martin did wonders with 4 tracks. Where does this reissuing of classic albums stop. Is Revolver remixed in multi tracks still Revolver?

128x128lenmc2964

@jafant  and All

I had to take a break from listening to the Beatles , but after reading comments on the forum What's On Your Turntable Tonight and talking to the owner of House of Records here in Eugene I had to go back and listen some more .

It seems that the 2014 mono version ( I have the LP only ) is preferred or well liked,  I was informed that the cowbell was missing in the new re-mix !  Well is is there but less pronounced than on the mono version , listening to the 2009 digital from the original masters  , the 1982 Beatles Collection and to the 1987 CD they all have a less pronounced cowbell .  

There are differences between the original stereo mix and the original mono mix just as there are now new differences between the original stereo nad the new Giles re-mix .  Question  for those with an original mono and the 2014 remastered, do you here any differences ?

jafant. I would like to think that when the original master tapes were sent to Japan in 1982 for MOFI to make their 1/2 speed masters that the Beatles Collection was able to use the masters but since the Collection was started in 1978 with a UK pressing. and MOFI was pressed by JVC and the Collection was pressed by Toshiba / EMI it's hard to say .

I have the Japan black box set and the British Blue Box set I don’t have the MOFI set any more but I have always preferred the British Blue Box best for Stereo. But still not as good as the original mono or the 2014 Mono pressings. I have some of the Red Vinyl Mono pressings from the 80’s but haven’t played them in a long time more of a collector thing. 

vair68robert

Thank you for the follow up. Agreed-  it would be difficult to say which batch of Masters were used for the 1982 set. Still, you have a very collectible. Not many of those sets were produced. I believe that each set is Serial Numbered as well.

Between the original Vinyl from the 60’s and Japan imports, any fan cannot go wrong.

Happy Listening!

@lenmc2964 

Do you if the original master tapes used for the UK pressing ?

Do you have a mono cartridge ?

Don’t know what tapes were used for U.K. pressings but I believe the U.K. pressings sound better than the Japanese ones. I do not have a mono cartridge.