Time/Process of Hooking up New Equipment

Does anyone else ever felt this way?  My new amp arrived with cables and I want to wait until the weekend to hook it up.  I don't want to rush through it after work when it is dark and I am tired - almost rushing to get through it.  I want to make it a longer event and have time to listen to my existing system, then do the work to hook it up (a bit of a pain) and then rest and have time to listen to the new amp.  Maybe stretch out the fun and be fresh on a Saturday morning.  What is everyone's timing / process for installing new gear and the before and after listening?  

12many

Changing equipment always opens up a new can of worms. There will be more work to do. Taking your time is a good thing, no need to rush. It takes time to evaluate. 

Yeah, I wait until I am not rushed. That reduces the chance of stupid mistakes.

With new gear I ensure that I have the time and space to get it set up. I also try not to come to any immediate conclusions and let gear burn in for 1-2 weeks before starting to tinker with positioning or different cables. Even after burn in, it takes some time for the ear to get used to differences, so patience is surely a virtue. 

Whenever I think it can be most easily slipped into the rack without being noticed, if you know what I mean ......

I also relax and take my time when adding a piece of gear or moving things around to different shelves.

Kren0006 - been there, done that too for many years when I was married :)