Which Transport or CD Player?

Looking for a great CD playback solution and considering:

1. Pro-Ject CD Box RS2 T

2. Jay's Audio CDT2-MK3

Other options: Denon Anniversary Edition DCD-A110 or Marantz SA-KI RUBY CD Player.  These each have a DAC so could be a plus or minus...another DAC to play with but a compromised transport.  I currently have a Border Patrol SEi dac but not married to it.  

Anyone compare these?  Looking for recommendations.  Thanks

mdonda

I am very happy with my Emotiva ERC-4 has a built in DAC, built like a tank

You can also look at the old Marantz CD-94 and Metronome CDPs to use as transports.  I really liked the Pro-Ject but a friend borrowed it and has not returned it.  Hard to get one now.  I'll probably get an old top of the line CEC and upgrade it  My Audiomeca Mephisto II was the best one I ever heard but it has crapped out being around 20 years old and I just have not found the time to repair it.

I use my Technics SL-G700 SACD player's Coax out to my Technics SU-G700M2 integrated and it betters (noticeably) the line outs. Doing it that way I can still play my SACDs and the only two (so far) CDs that exhibit drops outs, which I believe, is due to the possibility that they're not glass etched but CD-R discs. 

I thought long and hard about getting a CDT but in the end, stuck with a CDP and it works great.

All the best,
Nonoise