Best vibration isolation for speakers on carpet?

Hi All,

So I am awaiting my new Revel Performa3 208's and I'm tired of the normal spikes that come with speakers. No matter what I do I can never seem to get them all level. My carpet is medium to a bit on the thicker side. Any help on carpet spikes or any other ideas on how to isolate the speaks but also so they'll finally be balanced? Granted it's not like any of my towers have ever been in danger of tipping over, but I've never been able to get them all level. 

My dealer said at 80lbs the Revel's should be fine on carpet without spikes but I want to get this right from the get go? Any help/advice is greatly appreciated-thank you!

kingbr

We used to use a couple of cinder blocks covered with an attractive scarf or piece of cloth (after we got girlfriends--women!).

When we grew-up we got Magneplaners and all those issues went away.

Cheers!

Hi again All,

Appreciate ALL your thoughtful and supportive replies! Thank you!

So I ended up ordering 8 of the Herbie's Threaded Stud Gliders. Much as I would have gone for some of your other suggestions, cost was a very big factor and the Gliders seemed to fit the bill both literally and figuratively😁, I was also strongly considering the concrete slabs, but just was very conscientious of the height factor. I actually reached out to Herbies' customer service to inquire if these were fine on carpet rather than spikes. The gentleman was EXTREMELY helpful and literally described them almost verbatim of what I was looking for! In fact one of the "drawbacks" was that they "don't add much height at all so if you're looking to gain some height these won't give you that". I was like, just the opposite, these are already big speaks I don't want any more height😂! He also said it makes them much easier to maneuver on carpet. So I went and pulled the trigger right then and there.,,

Again, thank you so very much for all the great responses! Should have my Revel's delivered sometime next week😛!

+ whatever times for Gaia footers plus carpet spike discs.  I used these to great affect with ATC 50 ASLT.  Adding the carpet spike discs garnered as much improvement as the actual footers, so the combination was terrific.  

Now use Townshend podiums at much greater cost.  👍🏼

I had same issue and bought two pieces of granite that I placed on the carpet. The weight of the granite snd speakers self leveled. Then I use nob springs to put speakers on. You can use what ever you want as isolation between granite and speakers.

Get longer spikes. There are several aftermarket spikes that should do the trick. I tried a number of isolation devices and found that spikes were really the way to go for my rig. They brought everything into sharp focus. Check out SoundCity. They have some great outriggers and long 2" spikes.