Suggestion for $10K soup to nuts digital?

I have Comcast/Xfinity coaxial cable to their modem/router in an Apple equipped office approximately twenty feet from a remote xFi Pod with 2 ethernet outputs next to my rack. If this source is adequate what would you suggest next with a $10K budget?  

128x128m-db

|  I am new to digital, but the last millennium CD player always worked fine.

Oh - so you want to also be able to play your physical CDs, rather than rip them to the computer? You have a nice network setup already with a Mac in one room and the stereo in the other. I have the same. I use an optical Rendu as an endpoint to erase any OCD feelings about noise entering the system - deep breathing or therapy likely work for this as well. You can run all the software on your Mac from anywhere. As to the last millennium approach of browsing through your CDs or records, pulling one out, and popping it in the player, no modern software or streamer captures that experience (in my opinion). If you want to stream, then you no choice other than to submit a different intuitive interface with music.

@m-db, you’ve got a nice problem to have. My first suggestion would be to get the best DAC that you can afford. The best DAC that I could afford in my digital music streaming system is a Chord Hugo TT2. It’s a world-class DAC that you can plug two pairs of headphones into simultaneously, and connect to some active bookshelf speakers that would be office appropriate without taking up tons of shelf space. 

For a music server I’d simply get a Roon Nucleus because it has the best user interface on the market right now. Plug an Ethernet cable into it, then run a USB from it to the TT2 and you’re in business. With Apple both units are plug and play. You can pick out almost anything you want to hear using an iPhone, iPad, or a Mac. 

I've only the Weiss 501 DAC to throw into the fray.  This is a transformative piece in all ways.  Hope that is targeted toward your question and goals.

david_ten,   Replace these with self-procured modem > mesh router > mesh satellite. 

David you have my inexperienced attention! I'd love to cut Xfinity off from sucking my blood? Before I spend a dime this needs to be addressed.

tk21,   Does "soup to nuts" not include loudspeakers? Power amp?  *Only* the DAC + streamer, with or without preamp functions? 

Only the streamer, player, DAC, etc. No interest in digital volume attenuation or processing.

I seem to be on the fence in choosing an all-in-one over components questioning the dogma regarding ethernet, USB or i2s connectivity. Then there's my enjoyment of the presentation from pre-digital LP's that I've recorded to file. What's up with that?

M

@m-db To support @david_ten ’s suggestion, I use the Netgear Orbi mesh router and satellite system, and it is very good. Much faster internet on top of helping your digital sound better. From there I use aftermarket ethernet cables with an audiophile switch in between. They really do help with “removing unneeded digital artifacts” but it requires a good DAC and streamer in place to make them worthwhile. Once a good DAC and streamer/server are in place, don’t hesitate to address the internet chain  

Also, many DACs and single-box DAC/streamer/servers, even expensive ones, have built-in attenuators, but it doesn’t necessarily mean those attenuators are any good. The Aurender A15 is very good as a DAC and streamer/server, but you’ll get the best out of it by bypassing volume settings and setting it to line level and having a great-performing standalone preamp in front of it.