Recommendations please!

So I am flirting with getting a new (at least to me) preamp.  I currently run an Audible Illusions Modulus 3A with the MC phono boards.  It's a great preamp that I have been using for maybe ten years, and heartily recommend it to others.  I have thoroughly enjoyed it -- except for the lack of remote.  I am getting to find it tedious to get up to mute it or adjust volume every time I need to do so.  And at ten years of use, it's about the oldest piece in my system, so a change just for the heck of it wouldn't be unwelcome.

I need plenty of inputs (Phono, DAC, CDP, tuner, a couple of aux (for more phono!), and would like both phono section and balance control/dual mono (the Mod 3A is dual mono).  Obviously, a remote.  Amp is a recently upgraded MacCormack DNA-1.  I want something that will sound at least as good as what I have now.  Used is possible, but I'm not interested in vintage this time around.  I like, but don't necessarily require, tubes.  No need for balanced inputs.

Budget?  Let's keep it under $3K USD -- preferably WELL under.

Tall order, right?  That's why I've kept the AI Mod3A so long . . . 

Thoughts?

rnm4

Some of the Bryston preamps are quite good (and have remote capability).  Or you can switch to a different used preamp that does have a remote - I use a CJ Premier 14 in one system - very nice sounding!!

Send the preamp to me  I can install a remote control and upgrade some of the parts to make it sound better then anything that will be recommended by anyone here.

Happy Listening

I had the Van Alstine Transcendence which was a great preamp with plenty of inputs. I upgraded to an Aesthetix Calypso and the difference in SQ was marked. The Calypso also has a remote, plenty of inputs both balanced and RCA but it is a line stage but as someone has suggested you would be better off with a separate phono pre. The Calypso has a plug on the back labelled phono but I assume that is for connecting a phono pre. The sparse manual makes no mention of the phono connection.

@rnm4 imo your AI M3A preamp is worth keeping, and if someone such as @bigkidz can add a nice remote control setup and upgrade it for you too, this might be another serious consideration - - if your goal is a remote with improved sound.     

A good friend who passed owned the same AIM3A preamp for many year.  He ran it with a Music Reference RM9 MKII tube amplifier. I heard it with a nice upgraded Sonic Frontiers preamp and then the RM9MKII both, many times. Very nice.   

Another option would be to add a transparent remote volume control on the cheap like this, which uses high-quality Vishay resistors in its stepped volume control…

https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649881452-placette-audio-rvc-wremote/