Has Anyone Compared the DAC On a Bluesound NODE 3rd Gen to a Separate DAC?

The Gen 3 NODE has an upgraded DAC.  Just wondering what differences there might be in a separate DAC.

128x128tcotruvo

Blow sound sucks period ,$100 dac in the case ,save your money for

a Denafrips aries2 night and day better for $900

Uh oh…sounds like this is going to get expensive.  I tend to buy first what I would eventually buy if I took steps.

I think you speakers may be limiting more than your dac. Belabor 8000 are not known to be high end speakers. I think you should try to listen to some other speakers and amps first.

I have a Bluesound Node 2i. I first did a LPS upgrade on it, which brought about more detail, was a bit more relaxed, more refinement on the top end, and more bass definition. I then upgraded to a SMSL VMV D1SE. Brought about more detail, and again a bit more refinement. Surprisingly the DAC upgrade after the LPS upgrade wasn't as big as I was hoping, but each step for me was about the same in terms of upgrade. But the LPS upgrade was certainly much cheaper. 

The Bluesound Node 2i has a slightly warmer presentation stock than any of the upgrades I did. 

If you like the Bluesound Node, I would first look at a LPS upgrade, as this will help you down the road, whether you use the internal DAC, or decide on an external one. Will improve the sound to either DAC. 

Hope this helps 

Yes, it’s an excellent DAC for the money. And part of why the node is such a good product. However, it’s easily bested by many better DACs out there. It will either satisfy you or get you thru “admirably” until you upgrade.