A market for DIY speakers on AudioGon ?

I have a pair of Vifa towers I recently completed building and like all fanatics I am ready to build another pair but find I am running out of room. I recently joined AudioGon and purchase my first piece of equipment.

My question is this... Are there buyers for nice DIY speakers out there or would that be inappropriate or a waste of time to try selling ?

Details: These are walnut over MDF. MTM using all VIFA (scan-speak - Danish versions) drivers. Each tower has (2) P17WJ00 6.5"

On Madisound:
http://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/scanspeak-woofers-6-7/scanspeak-classic-p17wj00-6.5-woofer/

and a single Vifa Tweeter D27TG35
http://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/vifa-soft-dome-tweeters/vifa-d27tg35-06-1-dome-tweeter/

The XO use higher quality Caps and is a LEAP design. The boxes are ported and the ports are in the back and they use a gold plated banana plug posts.

Is this something that someone could be interested in for purchase? I just do not want to waste my time but I would love to find a buyer as these sound fantastic with great imaging. I have over $400 in cost in the pair. I am a wood worker and did all the cabinet design and finishing myself.

they have about 75 hours on them - almost broke in now.

Your thoughts ?

PS: I am not trying to use the forum to sell these only to get feedback as to whether it would be worthwhile to use the Sell features here?
ajowers
There is a small market for DIY. You just have to be realistic with your prices.
My sense is that used prices are usually disappointing to the seller of DIY kit.

This even seems to be true for well known kits with professional box work, such as those from North Creek/Lee Taylor and Selah. My sense is that these sell for less than comparable commercial pieces. For true "home brew" builds, I think the situation is even worse.

Of course, this may be very good news for the right buyer!

My hunch would be to try selling them for cost of parts. You might come pretty close to that, if the boxes are nice.

I'd also try at Audio Circle, which is more DIY friendly and has free ads. Some builders over their have established a reputation, and may get better prices.

Good luck,

John
Like Unsound said, doesn't cost much to try; but, without a picture of your work it's hard to give a meaningful answer. Good luck.
I've sold many of my DIY builds here. Helps if your crossover design is backed up by someone well known, and your cabinetry and finish is top notch. I'm a woodworker before I am an audiophile.
DIY speakers make for a difficult sell because it is an unknown entity. Buyers are either looking for a certain sound or brand. I concur with Ngjockey.