Chord DAVE DAC

Any owners who want to tell me more about it? I recently received an inheritance worth about 13k. I can shell out another 2 grand to get my end-game DAC with headphones. Or...maybe the wife and kids want their bathrooms renovated 

Please tell me how it sounds. I don't have a dealer close-by to audition. I just want "end-game" performance so I won't have to worry. I listen to mostly .flac and .wav files with some .mp3s (320 kbps) in the mix. Only because it was hard to get those albums so I downloaded mp3s and saved money.

- Jack

jackhifiguy

People who don't trust their own senses rely on ASR.

We have been gifted some senses (listening vs hearing) that machines don't have. Use them or loose them - your choice.

DAVE or Mola Mola would be amazing in a properly configured system.

Bricasti M1SE, Weiss 501 or 502 should be in the mix as well.  @verdantaudio has an extensive post covering popular DAC's in this price range.

A bathroom remodel could easily run you $20k, but you'll get 60-65% back in increased home value.  A new DAC vs. a heated toilet seat with bidet, clearly a no-brainer.  One actually is a profound upgrade.

I will admit I bought a new DAC before my high end Japanese toilet. I am an audiophile after all.

I lived in Japan off and on for years. One of the most wonderful things in Japan… the bathroom… huge water pressure, great smelling soaps, and the Japanese toilet. A wonderful place of regeneration. Warm toilet seats, no need for TP. The good life requires both… hmmm, maybe I need a high end system in the bathroom.