Sabrina X Anyone Add Subwoofer(s)

I've not seen mention of pairing these speakers with a fast subwoofer, so I thought that I would ask.

vonhelmholtz

How many here have suggested listening to your new speakers first?

Excellent advice, but after listening to the MA12000 driving the Sabrina X, I decided that I did not want to alter what seemed to me to be an extraordinary speaker. They also had all but the last octave of base, so I looked for a fast subwoofer that was known for their high level inputs. Available funds made the S/812 my compromise choice. Moving into the reference series increased cost and limited availability.  I'm now curious to listen to the difference with the subs on vs off.

My curiosity was in directly comparing a $9K REL Studio III with two processing subwoofers at a little more than half the price.

Enjoy    

Once you get the 812’s dialed in, you will have an excellent sounding setup. Subs aren’t that hard to set up if you do it properly, especially REL’s. Your room WILL be a factor though, and treatments would be prudent.

I've added the S/812 to my SabrinaX driven by the Gryphon Diablo 300 and as another user said, it just adds so much more than bass. I think the changes in soundstage are the most satisfying ones. Any speaker in any price range can benefit from that, given that the room has proper treatment / measurement / acoustics.

By the way I am letting my pair of SabrinasX go, less than 1 year old. If anyone is interested, here's the link

By the way I am letting my pair of SabrinasX go, less than 1 year old. If anyone is interested

That begs the question, what speakers will take their place?