Big Step Up from Totem Hawks? 10k Speakers?

I'm looking to upgrade my Totem Hawks in a big way. Honestly,I have been extremely impressed with them. As I've moved up in electronics, the Hawks have kept up. But now, it's pretty clear they are the weak link in my system. My budget is a max of $12k, (it went up after I heard the MBL 126 at a show, they go for $12k) I generally like the small floorstander type, but I'm open to opinions. The room is 18'x15'. What will match up well with my class d Nuforce monoblocks with Modwright tube pre? (a fabulous combo, muscular yet musical) System: Clearaudio tt,Modwright LS100, Nuforce V3 SE,all Synergistic Research cabling and conditioning. Thanks for your time and opinions!
ptm
I would suggest having a look/listen to the Joseph Audio Perspectives.

Dealer Disclaimer.
The Daedalus Athena should certainly be considered, IMO. See this thread for a good discussion of the Athena vs. some competitive models.

Daedalus speakers achieve a very natural harmonic balance, that is easy to listen to but at the same time is "fast" and detailed. They also provide exceptional versatility with respect to amplifier selection, combining high efficiency with high power handling capability and very easy to drive impedance characteristics. As well as uniquely beautiful real-wood construction.

I would also suggest that you research past threads and reviews on other Daedalus models, such as the Ulysses and the DA-RMa, which are generally similar in their sonic character. Those models have been around a few years longer than the Athena, and so you'll find more commentary on them. The main differences are the deeper bass extension of the larger and more expensive Ulysses model, and the inclusion of an upgraded "all-poly" crossover in the Athena, which has become standard on the Ulysses and optional on the DA-RMa but was first made available in 2010.

Re your Modwright preamp, a point of interest is that the Daedalus Ulysses is apparently Dan Wright's reference speaker.

Regards,
-- Al
I dunno, the Gallo 5-LS's would probably give himn eveything he is looking for, and their transient speed/attack is un-paralleled. Can be found virtually brand-new for $8-9k, retail is around $15k IIRC...Keep an eye here on A'gon, they show up from time to time for great prices...

-RW-