Weird

I have a pair of GoldenEar Triton 1 speakers, which have built-in subwoofers. Evidently, the right subwoofer lead fell off the speaker some time ago without my knowledge. I’ve been listening for quite a while with only one subwoofer, really enjoying the sound in blissful ignorance. Everything sounded great including pieces with deep bass such as formidable organ recordings.
Today I discovered the plug out of the wall and plugged it back in. The system immediately closed up, became dull, lacking ambiance. I pulled the plug back out. Sound was wonderful. Everything sounded just right, including the bass which was full and rich.

I’m now listening without the right subwoofer for good.

Weird!

128x128rvpiano

I have T1s as well. Odd about the sound changing when you unplugged it if the sub wasn't working anyway.

That sounds like the subs are out-of-phase. Could have come from the factory that way. You should check this and correct it!

Do you think it’s due to the acoustics of my listening space?

Its not a subtle difference.

I agree with jasonbourne52.  What you describe sounds very much like the subs are out of phase with each other.  If possible try reversing the speaker wires on one of the subs. 

Do you think it’s due to the acoustics of my listening space?

My guess would be you’re sitting in a null created buy how both subs are interacting with your room and each other.  Try playing with speaker positioning and your listening position and see if that changes things and/or reversing sub terminals on one speaker if possible.  I don’t know how GoldenEar’s customer service is but I’d give them a call too as I’m sure they’ve run into this before.  Best of luck.