Best speakers for a small room

Hello all, I'm looking for recommendations for best speakers for a small room. Room is 125 square feet with 10 foot ceiling. 10k budget.  Ideas?

128x128jazzguy1958

Salk Sound Song 3 really work well in my small room. Excellent speakers and driven with a variety of amps.

1. If you can find used ,or just save a bit more for with stands the MBL126  are exceptional in every respect , you may wan5 1 subwoofer ,a excellent one is the SVS -SB 4000 then you have a full range audio system ,just look up the Many awards and raves
  2. these Omni directional wonders are Great Period . Not the most efficient but what most forget they put out music equally in 360 degree spread meaning you get much more of a musical spread then the efficiency indicates $16 k with stands is expensive yes ,but as I mentioned with a good sub you can easily compete with any speaker system at 2 x the cost from my experience ,my friend has them and I am using them next.

I get the feeling this OP is a fly by but I’m bored & the GF is still at work..
Room size roughly 10’x12’x10’..First off ANY speaker,regardless of size will sound best pulled slightly out into the room to let imaging & staging develope.About 24"off back wall & 18" off side wall is usually a good start.
What kinds of music will be playing?Who is listening?Looking for background music or something you & wife can sit down & melt into?
What kind of electronics are driving the speakers?Is the room highly reflective(wallboard/wood & glass),heavily damped(Carpet,heavy curtains or canvass paintings & overstuffed furniture),or something in between?
ANY ROOM ECHO to kill?Walk around the room & clap your hands overhead,you will hear the slap echo if you have it.
Based on no other intell in OP I recommend:Harbeth Monitor 30.2/30.1 on 24" stands..

my suggestion is Genelec. i have genelec 8330 plus 7360 subwoofer. its best through the digital input. if your playback device has coaxial output you can use digital feed direct into the speakers. This eliminates all  unnecessary DA/ AD conversions. the DAC inside the Genelec speakers is very good quality with fantastic bass impact.

for $10k you should be able to get the 8351B’s, check out their reviews. The included GLM room DSP is superb

regards’

Michael

Duke is right a horn speaker may be a great choice it will interact less with the room much less than a  conventional dynamic design and many horns can be used up against the wall not requiring the 3-6ft pull-out that the tragic audiophile darlings will require it will also sound better because it's a horn, not a wheezing wee little box.