Best first track

Whenever I put Eric Clapton's Behind The Sun album on and the first track She's Waiting comes on my heart sings- other albums with a great first track suggestions? 

keithsax

Best Clapton, to me, is Detroit Ballroom, Fall '67- Cream were at their peak live. Sadly, this is not an authorized release. I wish Clapton would legitimate it-- it is purportedly a board recording, but there are at least two different versions. I hate getting behind a bootleg, but it is there as a piece of history. 

As to best "first tracks," I dunno. I listen to a range of stuff, from early heavy rock (now often called "proto-metal") to jazz. I have a visitor tomorrow and was thinking about what to play. I have a lot of records, but got out of the habit of a "short list" of regular players for demonstration purposes. 

And, I'm more into jazz these days than hard rock, but I can dig a psych or heavy rock album for sure: Lucifer's Friend (German Philips the album with Uncle Fester); Crimson- Toronto 2016 Live- Starless; Art Lande And Rubisa Patrol– Desert Marauders (killer jazz record that has an edge; well known cheap heat); Chris Whitley- promo version of Living with the Law-- a/k/a National Steel- fewer cuts, sonically nicer. Standard issue Columbia. 

I'm sure I'll play more tomorrow- but part of it is what the guest likes, no? 

King Crimson "21st Century Schizoid Man"

Beatles "Come Together"

Supremes "Where Did Our Love Go?"

Rolling Stones "Rocks Off"

Bob Dylan "Tangled Up In Blue"

There's a variation on this question involving vinyl releases.  What's the best B-side opening tracks?