Precision Motor Controller

Hi my Fellow Audiogoners,

I have Micro Seiki 1500VG with a outboard power supply/motor. I'm sure most of you know what my 'table looks like. My question is can I hook up something like a Walker or VPI precsion motor contoller. Would I just hook up the precision controller before the motor unit? Does it override the 33/45 controls on my MIcro. Has anybody, by chance, done that to their MS? The reason I'm not interested in changing out the motor is the unit also controls the vacuum hold down, and I just had that, amazingly, fixed. So I don't want to sacrifice that aspect of the Micro. It's amazing how the sound is improved by having a perfectly flat reecord for the arm/cartridge to traverse.

Thanks,for reading this and should you have any answers, talk to me!

ira2000

If I were u I would get a very good tech to look at all the wiring to make sure there are no dry joints and to replace any faulty capacitors

@mijostyn is 100% correct about MS knowing what they were doing

What Dover said. An AC power regenerator might help, but neither the Walker nor the VPI is appropriate here.

Isn't a VPI SDS a low power AC regenerator that takes the incoming wall AC and regenerates it into a 20 watt variable AC frequency?

testpilot

Isn’t a VPI SDS a low power AC regenerator that takes the incoming wall AC and regenerates it into a 20 watt variable AC frequency?

Yes, both frequency and voltage are adjustable. It’s really not suitable for DC motors.

Yes, both frequency and voltage are adjustable. It’s really not suitable for DC motors.

My comment assumed that OP’s table had a ac synchronous motor.  If the motor is a dc, then your statement is correct.