Aidas Cartridge

Aidas                           PanzerholzAidas                           Purpleheart diamond
Aidas                           Purpleheart

Aidas                           Purpleheart ruby          

Aidas                           Red Heart Indian  

Aidas                           Red Heart Gabon  

Does anyone know anything about these.  They are supposed to be GREAT Value.  I find no reviews and no web site.
    dcaudio

On the topic of repairs; Aidas Cartridges does repair, cantilever/stylus replacement and full rebuilds on all their carts. A nice feature imho versus a trade in program.

@gakerty 

Tracking on the Aidas is on par for a LOMC, perhaps a bit better than the Benz.

Can you please dumb that down for me as to what I would hear with a poorly tracking cartridge?

I think I have an idea with sibilance, but I am not 100% sure.

Based on the Hifi News test record, the first tracking test is the "Tracking Ability 1 (300Hz L+R At +15dB)". Seems on my system a typical LOMC present SLIGHT distortion or a warbling tone on this. Previously a Lyra Delos sailed through it, and of course vintage MMs have no problem. On real music, I test with high peak piano, in which there’s a combo of sibilance and distortion on those quick note peaks. Yuseef Lateefs Eastern Sounds first track has a few of those quick high level piano peaks, and that’s a good test for tracking IMO.  My current Aidas has no problem in this regard.