Audiophile Speakers for Rock, HipHop and Techno

I love many genres of music. Having a hard time finding a speaker that sounds great with hip hop, techno and rock. Suppose I should mention I've auditioned the Dynaudios Hertiage Specials and Sonus Faber Oylmpia Nova 1s. They sound fantastic with classical, acustic guitar, female voices etc... But what audiophile speaker ..especially at the 7-8k price point doesn't. Idk..  Im starting to think I need two sets of speakers. Sonus Faber Olympica Novas sound beautiful...then maybe a pair for other genres of music. Any suggestions for speakers that sound great for hip hop rock and tecno? I'm only able to do bookshelves...and I do have a pair of RELs already.

My pwr amp is a coda no.8 v2 @ 250w

tmac1700
pwayland

In my opinion, My Modified JBL 4312 MKII with properly dialed in sub are my choice for really loud rock. And yes, I'll hook them up when I'm in the mood. Otherwise, Dunlavy...

Care to share your mods?

I had the same problem, modern speakers lack punch, I ended going vintage. Got some JBL4343 B's from https://homeaudiosound.com/. Price was very reasonable.

The owner (Greg) is a collector / dealer of JBL speakers he has virtually new speakers from the 70's to today. He operates out his house that is packed full of speakers.

Mine are currently powered by my original "hi end" (1973) system: McIntosh C28 / MC2505. 

Its underpowered but a starting point for a new system. (Looking for a MC2300 in silver)

I should also add that I am vintage (71) and prefer vintage JBL sound. 

Very satisfied, sound stage is not as expansive as modern speakers, but they can rock, reminds me of the Grateful Dead wall of sound

If you want volume and dynamics then horns would be a good choice. However I am of the firm belief that the best speaker on classical/jazz is also the best speaker for rock/metal. Genre of music doesnt diminish the problems of a speaker that would make this speaker only appropriate for one type of music. 

You could try other active speakers than ATC, like Cabasse Pearl. The middle version is around $4.5k with something like 2000w amps. Kii Three are even better but costs 3 times as much. They don't need an amp, though. Dutch  & Dutch are also good.

For stand mounts I can recommend Canton or Totem.

+ Lost Count for ATC, especially the active ones.

Looks like the majority opinion.

BTW, I own SCM100ASLT for my main listening room, SCM20ASL Pro Mk II in my recording studio and am taking delivery on a rosewood pair of SCM50ASLT for a secondary listening room.

No one does dynamics like ATC active (ie. nothing rocks like ATC active).

Maybe these folks know something about good sound:

ATC Client List