When You Buy The Whole Album And Only Like One Song.

Over fifty years of buying music, I've bought scores of albums because of one track...only to find out that one track was the only one on the entire album that was listenable to me.

'Losalamitoslovesong'.... by Gene Harris on the 'Astralsignal' album is but one example.

128x128mitch4t

I too have gravitated more to female vocals in music. The female voice is one of the most beautiful sounds there is. But it is mainly because my system (not on my page yet ) is able to bring out the best in them. I’m not really a jazz fan but Diana Krall’s voice is amazing. All the different generes have amazing female singers. Whitney Houston ,Samantha Fox, Ellie Goulding, Shannon, Adele, etc. etc. all sound great. And the beauty of streaming is I usually only have two or three of their songs in my playlist so I can enjoy them all regularly. I like other generes as well. So much music so little time it seems. Happy listening!

Ron 

"That said, I still have not developed the taste for jazz and female vocals."

I love female vocals, Sarah Vaughn, Ella’s Fitzgerald, Helen Merrill, Nina Simone, Julie London, Rosemary Clooney, Billie Holiday...could go on and on...man, to not like any female vocals, you are passing up on a lot of great music in my opinion.

Playlists are awesome. Miss albums a bit but ease of use triumphs over tactile satisfaction. And as age creeps ever faster do we really own anything?

Male vocalists such as Armstrong, Torme, Cole, and Hartman rock for want of a better word. 

I'm an old Rock and Roll musician and current live sound mixer, and my band in '69 actually opened a show for Zep (and others, luckily we had good management as my 18 year old self had no idea what I was doing). Met Jimi (got his cassette player working...he thanked me), and his drummer Mitch Mitchell sat in with us at a club...man...in any case, after seeing Monk open for Peter, Paul, and Mary at the Hollywood bowl when I was maybe 12 I had the seed planted for jazz. Later on loved hitting a late night jazz club after a noisy club gig. Now I've been in a "Jazz freak late in life beatnik" phase for decades it seems (smoke pot, ride a Bonneville). Listen to jazz mostly, and have worked the sound board for some of my faves in concert. Can't imagine anybody not liking Julian Lage, Bill Charlap, Vijay Iyer, Bill Evans...blah blah but I get it. Jazz is about as popular as Polka and children's music...maybe less popular, but a treasure for those of us who like it...and I like it a lot. From piano trios to Scofield and Arturo O'Farill and lots in between...and recently some brilliant Scandinavian piano trios I found on Tidal. Pop music now mostly bores the crap outta me (Wet Leg...really?), but the endless trove of great jazz out there should keep me stoked 'till I croak.

@wolf_garcia 

"Jazz is about as popular as Polka and children's music...maybe less popular, but a treasure for those of us who like it...and I like it a lot."

👍

Mitch Mitchell has always been my favorite Rock drummer precisely because of his strong Jazz influence!