Intergrated Amp suggestions for B&W 805d4

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this forum and to any music forum for that matter.  I have been reading a lot of threads here that I have been informative and helpful.

I am looking to match an intergrated amp with the new 805s, and would very much appreciate any suggestions or recommendations.

I have listened with the Naim Atom and Nova and personally, whilst  I liked the detail, I found it too forward and fatiguing.  With the Hegel 390, I found the bass rounder but top end more forward. With the Musical Fidelity M5si, I much preferred this sound as it was rounder and softer yet detailed but less detailed than the Naim.  (Apologies if I use the wrong audiophile terminology, I am unfamiliar with these terms but I am only using what I feel best fits with my discription of sound)

A few people have recommended the MA252 and MA 352 from McIntosh as they advised that this will soften the diamond tweeter and also bring warmth and extension to the bass.  Others have recommended tube amps like Prima Luna.

i have never owned or had any experience with tube amps.

Any suggestions, info or advice  for a good amp to match my speakers?

Thank you in advance.

ezikl

@ezikl I have the 805 d3’s and am powering them with a Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II. Great combo. I know some might not agree with the idea of “tuning” the sound with interconnects and speaker cables but that’s what I do and it’s a great way to take the edge off the diamond tweeters. Good luck!

I have 802 series 3 with Troels Gravenson crossover upgrade powered by Brystons, someone mentioned more toe-in,  Ive done this and it's been fantastic. B&W doesn't get much love on this forum it seems. It's mandatory I use subs. 

I'll add another vote for Luxman. It'll tame the B&W top end but still bring out the detail.Also if your into Vinyl they have excellent built in phonos.

I need to clarify something.  The Parasound does not have more bottom end than Luxman.  It is just a darker amp. 

B&W doesn't get much love on this forum it seems. It's mandatory I use subs. 

@brunomarcs  - B&W gets plenty of love on these forums,with many coming on to ask for matching components. I'm not sure if Troels or some one else suggested these speakers sound better on mid-axis instead of tweet axis, but worth trying if you haven't already.

I can give you my experience with power amps with B&W 702 S2’s.  Classe paired a bit better than a Musical Fidelity M8S (which I was rather disappointed with).  My current amp is a Coda no8 which was a massive step up from both in every way so expect the Coda CSIB would be a very good integrated with B&W.  I was at the Montreal audiofest this weekend and they had 800 series B&W towers (new 801’s probably) paired with Classe in one room and McIntosh in another.  Probably more setup / song playing than anything else, but the McIntosh pairing was very very good to my ears and a bit better.