@malibu457 libu why can’t the U.S. start making audio tubes?

Someone in America could start making tubes, of course they could.

However there are already a few established manufacturers supplying a relatively small market.

There is even some diversity - for example, Tung-Sol is generally premium, and EH is at the lower end. Most reasonably popular tube types are supported.

Also JJ and a few outfits in China. I’m missing a couple niche (premium?) players in Europe somewhere..

These are just some of the facts that that person in America would need to share with the people financing the project . If NASA or the military could use them they’d get billions from Congress..

In the meantime it would probably be easier to obtain finance to commission and build a new coal fired power station anywhere in the West.

PS - anyway, a factoid that people may have missed amongst all the virtue signalling handwaving (although it was made pretty obvious to Blind Freddie in the link in the opening comment) is that the tubes made in Russia are done so by a company domiciled in America, New Sensor. Company profits (or losses) accrue to America. Or maybe Ireland, but that’s another story.

I believe this was the plan all along. Africa, South America, Central America, and all of Asia will agree to trade in non-US currencies. Europe and Canada will fall in line after that happens. America will be isolated. 

I’ve been living in SE Asia for 26 years and no way Asia will swap the dollar for yuan , the euro is popular in Asia and excepted but not the yuan.

@prof Virtue Signaling is an addiction disease that is hard to cure. In the current "look at me" society, it makes people feel important to the groups of people they admire.

The bigger question is if one is "really as concerned as they want everyone to think they are", why are they thumbing thru audiophile message boards, to begin with?