Improvement in Musicality for home theater system

As a first time poster I was hoping to get some feedback on improving the musical delivery, basically more refined sound from my hodgepodge of an old and new system. I have a smaller 16 by 12 room with heavy leather furniture and wood/ area rug, 1904 vintage. Due to the space and budget limitations, I purchased the Revel M126Be’s and had to ditch my 25 year old Proceed AVP for an Antham AVM 70 and had Audio Breakthroughs in Manhassett, NY come out and set it up. They hooked in a 20 year old Velodyne servo driven sub woofer. Now to my question: will replacing a 20 year old plus Adcom 5 channel amp with an Antham or Pass labs be a significant change? For source I mainly use a Blue Sound streamer. 

hondaron

For musicality you have another option that I think is better.  Buy an integrated 2 channel amp (almost always better than an AV reciever) that has pre in.  keep your current AV amp for watching movies.

Run a preamp out signal from your AV amp to the Pre-in input on your 2 channel amp.  When listening to music the AV amp isn't even turned on.  When watching a movie, run both amps with your 2 channel amp on Prep-in.  Pre in is also called direct or ht-bypass.  --Jerry

Keep you AVR and buy the musical fidelity M6 500i this one has a 

hometheatre pass through. The best option you can do!!

@maxwave I have disagree with you on the AV Preamp philosophy. I used to run a BAT VK50-SE Preamp into my Orchard Audio Ultra Amplifiers (currently only for L & R duty). Will be buying more modules soon for the C, LS, RS soon.

With the modifications I did to the Analog output stage of my Sony UBP-X1000ES and feeding it into my Onkyo PR-SC5530 in “Pure Direct” mode, the difference is so subtle, the BAT most likely will be up for sale soon.

“Audiophools” (in general - not targeting you Sir), have this Stigma that any A/V related does not belong in 2 Channel sound reproduction. This includes me.

My attitude towards so called “High End” audio has changed made me a lot more skeptical than it was 20 to 30 years ago.

✌🏾

Some will argue different but IMO if you want good two channel you need it as a stand alone system. Any time you try to do both you are compromising some where!

@rajugsw 
BAT VK50-SE : production stop 2004. A bit old.

Orchard Audio Ultra Amplifiers : ´´No opinion on the amp as I haven’t heard it, but your post is rude and your grammar is bad.´´ @roxy54 08/11/2021 11.09am

I do not called anyone ´´ Audiophools ´´

According to you ;

@gerrie @carlsbad , and many others ,are wrong here , suggesting integrated amp. with home theater bypass for 2 channels music listening.

My understanding is that HT receiver and HT processor are targetting ´´ sound

effects ´´ . Their inner electronics are not as well insulated as integrated or preamp.

dedicated to quality music only.

I think than a 15000$ integrated or preamp-amp. will sound better for 2 channels

listening than a 15000$ HT processor-7 channels power amp. for the same 2 channels listening.

But I may be wrong, we are here to discuss and learn.

Regards