EAR Acute Classic - has anyone heard or tried it

EAR just released a new cd/dac single unit: the EAR Acute Classic  http://www.earyoshino.com/Acute-CD-Player/

Has anyone heard it or tried it?  I previously had the EAR Acute 3 but sold it a few months ago.  I really loved it but thought the DAC portion could have been better, but it was a little dated (came out about 5 years ago).  I'm really interested in this unit and would appreciate if anyone can offer any feedback on it.  I don't have a local dealer near me so am reaching out to others who may have more experience with it.
djfst
I will be placing an order for the Acute Classic in the near future (hopefully in the next month).  There has been some issues with the DAC 4 and using DSD - it is pretty temperamental and has a loud pop when going from DSD to PCM tracks (that was my dealers experience).  He thought the PCM tracks were fabulous though.  Being I have no DSD, I will be getting the Acute Classic.

Acute Classic has replaced my LampizatOr Big 7 DAC (balanced). It is VERY musical and magnificient CD player & DAC ! In comparaison, the Big7 has wider stage and is more precise, but musicality and analog signature are what I was looking for in the first place. In this regard, Acute Classic is simply better. Paired with electrostatics (Tim de Paravicini was an ESL fan), and some nice tube amp, you will abandon your nostalgia for the turntable. I would say that this CD player sits on the very top of audiophile experience. The DAC section is not compatible with DSD format, so if you are looking for streming DAC capable to stream modern formats, you shall look for DAC4 which is the top of the line in EAR product list. It is also Tim de Paravicini's chef d'oeuvre and state of the art.

twodolphins

Are these Players still supported with Customer Service?

Good to read that the Acute Classic is relevant in 2022.

Happy Listening!