Sonus Faber speakers

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.

Has anyone owned the Sonetto v and the Olympica iii and can offer their opinion on 
weather the latter is a worthwhile upgrade ? 
sheridan50

@andrew_r happy listening 

I agree- I’m on my 3rd set of Sonus fabers - Venere 3.0, Sonnetto V and now Olympica Nova V. I am believing/hoping I have my forever speakers and system. And I have enjoyed the journey along the way.

The Sonnettos are a great value in my eyes - I haven’t heard a speaker at that price I like better. When you get higher in pricing there’s more competition and I like the SF speakers and I enjoy DeVore’s, Wilson and others as well. 

enjoy the music 

@overthemoon great points, do not listen to the Serrafino or Amatis it's dangerous! Jokes aside the Novas are fantastic. Agree on Sonetto V value hits a sweet spot to start with the Novas being the upgrade later on.

Question, for those with McIntosh amplification and autoformers, are you using the 8ohm or 4ohm taps for the speakers? 

@whitefishpoint1175 those look really nice. What do you pair them with?

Thank you

@andrew_r I used the 4 ohm taps on my MC 302 for the the Sonetto Vs.

And I did ask McIntosh Labs for their suggestion and they also said use the 4 ohms for the speakers.

I'd love some input as Im looking to upgrade my speakers (don't ask - anything would be an upgrade) but Im hoping this thread is appropriate. I'm not a sophisticated audiophile but I find I like the SF sound (and look). I know I like the Sonetto ii speakers; Im also thinking about the Minima Amator ii. I dont have the opportunity to hear them side by side. Any thought as to significant differences - in short, is the MAii worth a bit more of a splurge? Thanks

Steve