Sonus Faber speakers

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.

Has anyone owned the Sonetto v and the Olympica iii and can offer their opinion on 
weather the latter is a worthwhile upgrade ? 
sheridan50

@andrew_r I've owned Sonetto Vs and Olympica Nova Vs.

Olymipca Novas versus Olympica's I haven't heard back to back.  I have heard the Olympica Nova 2s powered by ARC - I was blown away.  The detail they provide is a step above the Sonetto Vs.  I could live with them as my forever speaker with no regrets 

@overthemoon thanks for the feedback. I ended up with the Sonetto Vs I a/b tested them with Nova 2s back and forth but only due to cost, the Nova IIs were smoother, better base with one less cabinet all-around. It was clear it's the better speaker for sure.

I did not think they were double the cost better, however, I can see in the future an upgrade. It's a slippery slope as there's the Novas, then Serrafinos as well and with each jump you realize the quality. 

SF makes great speakers.

@andrew_r happy listening 

I agree- I’m on my 3rd set of Sonus fabers - Venere 3.0, Sonnetto V and now Olympica Nova V. I am believing/hoping I have my forever speakers and system. And I have enjoyed the journey along the way.

The Sonnettos are a great value in my eyes - I haven’t heard a speaker at that price I like better. When you get higher in pricing there’s more competition and I like the SF speakers and I enjoy DeVore’s, Wilson and others as well. 

enjoy the music 

@overthemoon great points, do not listen to the Serrafino or Amatis it's dangerous! Jokes aside the Novas are fantastic. Agree on Sonetto V value hits a sweet spot to start with the Novas being the upgrade later on.

Question, for those with McIntosh amplification and autoformers, are you using the 8ohm or 4ohm taps for the speakers? 

@whitefishpoint1175 those look really nice. What do you pair them with?

Thank you