$1000 (used ok) Streamer Dac recommendation please

My vinyl is down for a few months so I thought I'd maybe grab a streamer dac to listen to.  Separates or one piece doesn't matter. Any suggestions? Is there an older dac that's a good value. 

Thanks in advance!

dhcod

Bluesound Node2 for $600 new.  Very listenable streamer/dac for the money. You'll be surprised, it's that good.

@dhcod - What are you going to stream? Tidal, Qobuz, Spotify? Just curious. I just purchased a WIIM Mini streamer for $89 from Amazon. Super easy to use. Will stream Tidal, Qobuz, Spotify and most other services. I'm using it connected via its optical digital output to my DAC and it sounds pretty darn good. Have not tried it using it's internal DAC. But heck, it's really inexpensive and if you don't like it, send it back to Amazon.

Lacking a DAC  the latest Bluesound would be a good way to go. Put the remaining $4-500 into DAC piggybank for a future upgrade. 

Another option would be to purchase the ifi Zen streamer for $400 and purchase a used DAC. There are many that come up used here and other sites that represent great value. 

+1 @mesch

i have a zenstream now, in addition to using sonore's optical rendu setup as renderers w roon... one usb out one clean spdif coax out, both are excellent

there are numerous youtube vids on the zenstream, it is a very very nice sounding unit, but some issues experienced by many (which may have been resolved now, via firmware updates) when using wifi

i myself use ethernet, the unit (while admittedly looking a little like a martian toy) works very well, sounds very pure

i still have my trusty nodes (2i and 3) but they are relegated to back up duty, will move to other lesser applications as endpoints as occasion arises

@jerrybj Managed to find a used Pro-Ject Stream Box Ultra 2 for $530 in October incl postage.

That's excellent! I've ordered another Stream Box Ultra S2 and Pre Box Digital dac/pre for the patio.  One is preowned from Portugal, the other is an open box from Turntablelab.com in the USA -- let's hope these transactions are trouble free.

I'll hook up that steamer and dac to powered outdoor speakers on the patio.  Speakers aren't great; I can always upgrade them later if the need arises.