tweeters /midbass fq zones

OK so a  tweeter does fantasic in the 10K-20k hz range, We all agree, no issues here 

Now lets go to 5k-10khz. again, no issue here, tweeters are fantasic in voicing these fq's.

OK, now lets try 3k-5khz. Not bad,  but again not great.

Lets move on to midbass.

20hz-100 hz, Yeah here is where a  midbass rocks N rolls beautifully.

OK 100hz to 500 hz, Again no problem, All midbass woofers work wonders in this range,. OK now 500hz to say 1500 hz. Not bad, but not great either.

That leaves a  massive gap of 1500hz through the 3500 hz band width that all xover type speakers are struggling to voice, go ahead and crank the vol up to compensate.. Now you have the amp stressing out, and the 2 end fq ranges will be more voiced than the 1500-3500 hz's. 

As you push the vol pot, all you are doing to adding stress to amp and speakers. 

This causes distarotion and coloration.

Low efficiency = in effective,  IOW flawed.

A tweeter was never designed to carry 2k-3500 fq.s, neither a  woofer the 1200-2500hz.

The manufacturers have led you on to believing things that just are not true.

IOW you have been coned into drinking snakeoil. 

The higher you push the vol pot the more stress is now polluting the sound, This is why Troels Gravesen installs so so many xover comonents to attempt to make these  gadgets work like a  high end FR works. 

Won't fly.

Both speakers are only made to voice the 2 extreme end fq/s. The mid hz's can only be voiced by a  speaker that is engineered to voice these fq band width width HIGHER SENSITIVITY.

xover speakers MIGHT SEEM to sound nice, but in real time reality they fail the test next to a  high end FR.

I was convinced my Seas Thors were the worlds best sounding speaker,,, till a cheap FR came along and  knocked the Thors off their stands. Now they are gove, Broke down to parts, sold  some parts, kept the caps for use in tweeters for FR design and cabinets, out for the trash.

Once you've heard a  FR, you will end up following my same path to true high fidelity. 

mozartfan

So you define mid-bass as 20hz-150hz...interesting🤣 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

all woofers are basically **mid-bass drivers*** and note most every high end tweeer is labeled **mid-tweeter*. 10hz-100hz 100hz-500hz 500hz-1khz 1k-1500hz 1500-2500hz so on and so forth tweeters 50khz(yes AER claims their FR goes to like EIGHTY THOUSAND HZ). But lets keep it realitistic. 20khz so 15khz-20khz 10khz-15khz 5khz-10khz so on and so forth down to say 1800hz(some tweets claim 1800hz some even 1500hz!!!) Here’s the flaw (weakness/distortion/massive rolloff, call it whatever you wish) Woofers should be voiced no more than say 200-400hz. Thats it Tweeters are fantastic little gadgets from 20khz down to say,, tell ya what I’ll give benifit of the doubt to say,,,,3500hz,,sorry can’t be generous to 3khz. The 3khz-3500 hz has some incredible orchestral fq’s which I sure as heck dont want a tiny 3/4 inch VC singing these extremely super critical fq’s, Best I can do for you guys is woofers 20hz - 300hz tweeters 20khz or where yours goes to, I am very happy wityh 15khz, = 15khz-20khz ain’t much there,,so what I do is add a 2nd tweeter for a huge soundstage in the 5khz - 15khz in my orchestra, WOW facor high)..... so 20khz down to 3500hz, I run a 8uf cap, brings both tweets to say 5khz. I had both w a 6uf and was not allowing the tweeter to really open up, a 10uf to say 3500hz is OK in my book. But I perfer dual tweeters w a 8 to 5khz. This allow these guys to not suffer any stresss attempting the 3khz-5khz, = give more energy for the lil guys to do their thing in upper registers w/o getting all flustered and bent out of shape. When you have Puccini soloists, orchestra PLUS CHORUS,, these lil guys can handel their business w success. woofers/tweeters sound like the opera is comming out a box. FR makes a 1950 opera recording sound DDD Super digital, I am at Bayreuth , the mythical soundscape is more surreal. Your xoverbox things sound OK, not bad, but misses all the incredible nuances and registers of a Full Range.

My Thors served me well, but sure glad I made the experiment and that w/o any help from Audiogonners. nada, none, zero. You guys are stuck in the 1970/80’s, STILLLLL

Like Wagner’s rebirth themes, FR are being raised from the lost world of a bygone era. Berlin/Chicago late 1920’s.

I plan to make a long series of YT videos exposing the weaknesses inherent in xover speakers. Just waiting on cash power to purchase my final tweeter its doozyy a massive super dome tweeter. Made for car system but can be employed ina home system as well. The $1700+ Thor upgrade set me back, maybe late June I’ll recover from the Seas upgrades and add in this super dome tweeter. Nothing like it,. Annhiliates any dome tweeter made. 2nd to none. Might have a 3 T system or maybe the Philips AD163(late 1970’s, incredible tweeter) will have to be retired. The speaker gods are about to do battle.

THings I will say in my YT uploads , has not ever been mentioned previously. FR are completely totally opposite of xover/box speakers. Night and day.

Not even close.

I guess no one is interestedina  little EDU.

Goes w the times we live in........2022 and getting worse by the year,  meltdown mind set

Anyone who wants to know what you’re babbling about need only watch one of your videos to get a glimpse of what you call “good sound”. I just have to shake my head….