Zones and remote control questions

Want to play a system in two different rooms. Plan on buying a Sony TA-E9000ES that has zones.
Question is how do I control the system from another room? Are there IR repeaters or what to do that?
Radio Shack sells a repeater/relay kit for $70 or so. They private label theirs and the original brand is less expensive (can't remember the brand name off hand, but have seen them on Ebay).
Even better might be an RF control. I know some Sony sat boxes use them, don't know if any receivers do.