Would appreciate a group consensus on Agon purchased amps

Hello all,

I purchased and recieved a pair of Bel Canto Amps form a fellow Agonner. Amps were well packaged - I paid extra for shipping with Fed Ex as the seller wanted to use UPS. I was informed prior to the sale that he did not have original boxes, and he did package them very well - no issues there.

The question I have is would any of you be bothered if you bought a pair of amps form someone on this forum and they shipped both of them without any power cables?

I rang him and inquired about the missing cables and he informed me that he did not use stock cables for any of his equipment - and the next sentance suggested that I go on Amazon and purchase "$3 dollar cables" for them. (his words).

Also, I sent an email to Bel Canto support inquiring about replacement cables for the amps and after one week have not gotten a response from them. I also find this unusual, but it has nothing to do with the seller.

For me this is a matter of principle, and I feel like I should send them back - I would rather pay more and go through a dealer next time just so I can have some level of client care.

Am I making more of this than is necessary? 

What would you do?

Thanks for taking the time to review.

gotolondon2

The seller should arrange for prompt delivery of appropriate replacement power cords from Bel Canto to you at his expense.

I had same experience but with my preamp purchase, however the seller offered me desktop power cable new… honestly, I didn’t think a minute to refuse… anyway I newer use stock cables so why to bother, a specially if I already have about ten of different stock cables in my basement storage.. I don’t need another one. 

With all that is available today in power cords, they are like a separate component. I know if I had an amp I’d at least send a stock or similar power cord, not a $3k shunyata sigma. Maybe the best way to answer this is at least mention that a power cord is not party of the deal. I have bought components where a power cord was not included. Quite frankly I didn’t care because I had my preferred power cord. Maybe we’re making too much out of nothing here. 

I think most audiophiles would be upset if an amplifier didn’t come with a remote and the seller didn’t disclose it.

If I were the seller I would have included a stock power cord and if that was overlooked I would offer to have some inexpensive ones delivered via Amazon at my expense.

If I were the buying I would be mildly annoyed if I didn’t have an extra power cord laying around as it seems like a very basic thing to include with a sale. The joy of waiting for a new amplifier to be delivered only to discover that it’s a brick for another day or two...

It’s an unnecessary hill that’s also not worth dying on.

Should the buyer expect a pair of speakers as well? After all you can’t listen to an amp without having a transducer, now can you?

If speakers came with the amp new, I sure as hell would expect them if I bought the amp and it wasn’t disclosed that the speakers were not included.  Are saying that you wouldn't?