Which Tweeter preferred- dome natural material, Beryllium/Metal or Planar Ribbon? Why?

This is bugging me. Just as I think I have the

right answer it slips through my fingers. 

Let's not consider cost in this opinion poll.

For example-

Pick one of the types of tweeters

Choice- Planar Ribbon

Reason-Low moving mass and larger surface area vs domes.

Everyone should have an opinion here unless they are relatively new to the game.

Lets see if we all learn something new!

chorus

The best I've ever heard were plasma at the CES show 40 years ago.  They were that memorable.  

The AMT tweeter with a SET amp are pretty magical

Great tech and review source is Hifi Compass.

My personal favorite is the Viawave Srt-7. 

Tom

The best I’ve ever heard were plasma at the CES show 40 years ago. They were that memorable.

I’m afraid I’ve heard them, in a cramped hotel room of course, and wasn’t that impressed. It would be nice to hear them again in a more ideal setup.

@jperry

It really depends upon the execution of the design and integration in the speaker as a whole.

I'd say so too.

The best tweeter is one that does not draw attention to itself.

I’ve heard some cheap tweeters that didn’t and some expensive ones that did.

The worst case was the Seas Excel which introduced a very odd colouration to John Lennon’s voice on Across the Universe.

Before anyone gets upset, I acknowledge that it’s an great tweeter, almost everyone says so, but in this design, despite the high level of resolution it offered, it was drawing attention to itself.

Custom satellite grade carbon fiber dome integrated into bespoke Scanspeak frame / motor matched to .25 db the pair, had tuned w filter network in anechoic chamber to match the reference. No breakup modes from midrange filter and 30 kHz.